Monday, October 1, 2007

building an empire is hard work...

So it's been a tough weekend....

Kerri and I did a craft show this weekend that was fairly disappointing, I don't think it was for lack of anything to do since there was lots of fun things to do....picture sheep searing, alpacas & llamas, a corn maze for exploring, a pumpkin cannon and a winery with tastings for the adults. I really believe that the problem lies in the lack of advertising.

But nothing ventured, nothing gained.

At least we were outside, where all the action was. I could only imagine being in the barn, where even less was going on. There was literally a point where I thought we weren't going to sell a single thing all day. It was a quite deflating feeling, but things turned round (only slightly) at around 3pm, when I sold a $1 corded necklace, no pendant, just the necklace.

Just bear in mind that we were sitting there since 10am....it took 5 hours to sell a single, stupid cord.

There rest of the day was just as painful, but I am happy to report that I made enough to just barely cover the table!

On the bright side, it was a simply beautiful day to be outside and I had great company and fun friends who stopped by later in the day.

AND!!...I got to feed a donkey fruitloops! It was awesome...the icing on the cake for sure!

There was also an amazing hot air balloon lift off with over a dozen balloons. It was amazing to watch them grow from a flat bag to a massive, colorful balloon! I got some great pics and I will post them soon....just as soon as I figure out how! :)

All in all, the day was disappointing for sales but rich in experiences and memories of other fun activities! There's that silver-lining that everyone keeps telling me about...I just thought it was an old wives tale!

Till next time,
Jenn

No comments: