Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Top 5 List of Lists

bad blogger...very bad blogger...

So it's been about a week since my last post, its amazing how fast time goes when you're working like a mad-woman! Unfortunately, most of my work has been at the restaurant and not on what really matters, the Craft Empire! After all, empires can't be expected to build themselves.

However, I have been making lists...

lots and lots of lists...

so I thought it might be fun to make a top 5 list of my top 5 lists, at least then you can get an idea of what I would be working on if I wasn't a Chinese Food Hustla!

Top 5 List of Lists

1. Fusion Glass Studios To-Do's: Kerri and I are starting the arduous task of converting the back space of the Lake Erie Artists Group Gallery into a glass studio for class instruction and our own personal work areas. The Lake Erie Artists is a co-op for local artists, with a Gallery and Shop located in Tower City Center. The wonderful group of artists display their work for sale in the shop and work together to exhibit at regional craft shows. Check them out at www.lakeerieartists.com

I am super excited about having a place to create my own art and be able to share my knowledge with others! Recently, I have been working in a small space on a small table in the garage....but watch out, cuz I'm movin on up!

So we have a ton of work to do, starting with the elbow grease to clean it up...but I think we can accomplish most everything on the list in the next two weeks! Yah!

2. Class Ideas: In the creation of Fusion Glass Studios, we are creating the opportunity to teach classes in glass techniques. I am psyched because I love to teach and work in an artistic studio environment where creativity can actively flow!

I am putting ideas together for the fusing classes (and hopefully soon, glass beadmaking classes!) and Kerri will be in charge of the stained glass and mosaics classes. Some of the projects that will be offered are: fused pendants & jewelry, magnet sets, windchimes, glass ornaments and tiles!

3. Open House to celebrate the (soon to be) brand new Fusion Glass Studios: So after all the hard work to set up the new studio I, of course, wanna share the excitement with everyone I know! I am putting plans together for an Open House to help introduce and promote the new studio. The educational facilities will be highlighted with demonstrations and discounts on class tuition. Add some munchies, wine and great conversation....and you have got one fabulous evening!

4. Galleries for Display: I've been seeking out local art galleries and shops for exhibiting (and hopefully, selling!) my work. I am hoping to target every artistic neighborhood in the greater Cleveland area, and some old haunts....like Kent and Hudson. Keep posted for updates on where you can find my work in an area near you!

5. Christmas Wish List: I know it's just October but it's never too early to start thinking about Christmas wishes!....I've been such a good girl this year, no really!...and Santa has to appreciate all my hard work and patience!

What is tops on my wish list?...a digital SLR camera to create beautiful images of my artwork...so I guess its really a business expense when you think about it....

Do you think Santa would be interested in the tax write off, hahaha?!


So as you can see, I have lots of tasks to accomplish...I best get to it!

Until next time,
Jenn

No comments: