Monday, November 5, 2007

Busy weekend

What a busy weekend it's been....Friday was spent at the restaurant, a productive shift but a long day. However, I did manage to get some beautiful pictures taken of my work during my break between shifts. I have posted those pics on my Etsy site at http://firetamerglass.etsy.com ....make sure to check out all the new stuff! I have even sold something that I posted last night...yah!! See, hard work does pay off...well, sometimes atleast!

On Saturday, Kerri and I ventured to the Farmer's Market....it was a brisk day but the sun was out and it turned out to be a beautiful day. I did well and met some great new customers!

One couple was preparing for a trip to Russia to visit their daughter who is studying abroad. They were searching for a thank-you gift to bring for the host family....they finally decided on a beautiful red-orange speckled hand-blown glass ornament. Very soon my glass will be traveling across the globe...I will be an internationally exhibited artist!! Yah!

Kerri also made her first market sale...YAH!....it was a stained glass OSU-inspired suncatcher that will have a new home in a baby nursery...what a lucky baby!
Get your own at her Etsy site at http://frechstudio.etsy.com . Perfect for your favorite buckeye! Go Bucks!

Sunday was devoted to working on Fusion Studios. The Open House is now less than a month away....yikes! Kerri and myself, accompanied by the Master Craftsman Dad, constructed the frames for the studio work tables. My dad designed and spent a boat-load of his free time cutting and assembling the table parts and we helped him put them all together. We were very helpful gluers and wood holders, but we would have been no where without his expertise and skills! Thanks Dad!

It is certainly exciting to see things coming together in the studio....I know we will be ready to go soon! First the tables and soon the supplies and before long we will be filled with students and beautiful artwork! We even got our first donation for the local artwork raffle that will be held during our Open House (November 30th)! Kelly from Scarlett O creations has donated a fabulous, handmade belt for the raffle! Thanks Kelly! Keep posted for more information about Fusion Studios and the upcoming events! Great things are happening!

No comments: